chocolate chip cookies that boost my milk supply even a year postpartum!

Hey mamas! It may be my utter inability to control myself around these things, but I've made a couple of batches of these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies over the past month and have woken up with my boobs literally soaking through my sheets. YIKES! My daughter just turned one year old and despite her nursing less frequently (1. She has to prove she's a big girl now and eat all the big people food, 2. She loves to steal her sister's sippy cup of cow milk these days, and 3. She has pretty much always hated taking bottles), I have literally had to pump to avoid mastitis and super painful engorged boobs... at over a YEAR postpartum!

They also happen to be Drew's favorite cookie and were a huge hit at our small group the other week, so rest assured these aren't just for the dairy cows among us. ;)

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, unsalted (softened to room temperature)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp kosher salt
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla (I prefer Trader Joe's bourbon vanilla!)
2 1/2 cups oatmeal, processed in food processor
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
10 oz chocolate chips or chopped chunks (I prefer dark but semi-sweet will do!)

Instructions:
Measure out oatmeal and blend in food processor, as fine as you prefer (I like some chunkier texture so I don't blend it all the way). Add in flour, soda, powder, and salt; stir to combine. In stand mixer (or bowl with hand mixer), cream butter. Add sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients, mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into 1-inch balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. (I like to use parchment paper to avoid a mess or stick them on a Silpat silicone baking mat on the cookie sheet.) Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375° or until golden. Let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle (while still hot) with a teensy bit of sea salt for extra oompfh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why this

postpartum favorites